Stacks.co Enables Developers to Forge The Decentralized Built On Bitcoin
- Unstoppable – Once deployed on Stacks and settled on Bitcoin, code can’t be taken down. This is essential for critical internet infrastructure.
- Data ownership – Decentralized apps don’t store user data on centralized servers. Instead, data is owned by the user and can be taken from app to app.
- Open to anyone- Anyone with an internet connection can use or build Stacks apps. You don’t need anyone’s permission and you can’t be blocked from Stacks.
- Modular – Decentralized apps are open and connected by default. This enables developers to build on top of each other’s apps and prevents users from getting locked in.
- New business models – Tokens enable developers to monetize open-source protocols, incentivize contribution and come up with business models that weren’t possible before.
- The best of Bitcoin – All Stacks transactions settle on the Bitcoin blockchain, making apps and transactions as secure as a Bitcoin transaction. Apps on Stacks can include Bitcoin-based logic.
Built on Stacks.co using the Bitcoin blockchain STXNFT.com can perform all of the flexible smart contracts that made Ethereum so successful in the NFT space, but without the tradeoffs presented by gas fees and Ethereum infosec. Stacks provides a PoX, or proof-of-transfer, while relying on the underlying security of Bitcoin.
Stacks smart contracts are required to be made using Clarity, which makes it more difficult to hide nefarious actions as compared with Ethereum smart contracts by making it mandatory to share source code in an easily explorable way.
Because Stacks doesn’t process smart transactions with highly-elastic gas fees, its transactions are meaningfully lower cost (often far less than 1% of the extrinsic value of the asset being transferred). This enables Stacks NFTs to do things that would be technically possible but functionally impractical for Ethereum-based NFTs. For example, supporting budding artists with small donations or low-value NFT purchases. Or, making in-game purchases of just a few dollars.
Check of the Marketplace here.
CityCoins are programmable city-based tokens that unlock a new community-driven revenue stream for local governments while bringing collaborative technology to its citizens and ecosystem of stakeholders. Each city that accepts CityCoins will have a designated wallet that is custodied for the city and can be auto-converted into $USD. As each CityCoin ecosystem grows, developers can create innovative and impactful applications to incentivize local engagement and better their favorite cities.
Boomboxes are a type of NFT that allow people to participate in “delegated stacking” of their Stacks tokens (STX) in return for a reward. They are unique because …
- Minters don’t have to pay anything to receive one — they’re just “locking” up their STX for a couple of weeks.
- In return, they receive a limited edition collectible that acts as an automatic claim certificate on their portion of the stacking rewards.
- Boomboxes are also transferrable, so whoever holds the NFT at the time the rewards are issued will receive the payout.
A UK based decentralised marketplace platform that provides a highly secure way for art lovers to mint, buy and sell digital collectibles on the Bitcoin blockchain. Click here to learn more.